If you’re looking to buy a new car, chances are you will need to sell your old one. Or maybe you’re seeking a sea change and want to sell your car and travel overseas. Perhaps you’re in the market for a bike instead. Your reason for selling is a personal decision, but how to sell is a key aspect of the process that DIYinspect can help with.
DIYinspect is an application developed by Australia’s leading asset remarketer, Pickles, and it has transformed the car sale process. With minimal time commitment, little to no face-to-face interaction, and a guaranteed offer within 24 hours, it’s a quick and efficient way to make space for whatever you’re planning next.
It hasn’t always been so quick and easy, and even now there are different approaches to consider when deciding how to sell your vehicle.
A step back in time
Over the years, car sales methods have changed. Newspaper ads and hand-written signs strategically placed on the rear windshield of a car were once the norm, and to this day hand-written signs promoting car sales can be spotted. Advertisements that reach a bigger audience are now usually publicised in the online space, with many websites out there for buyers and sellers to consider. The processes have evolved, but what has remained fairly constant is the time commitment required if seeking a good price.
Selling your car online
Selling your car online through a website – be it a website dedicated to car sales only or a site that promotes a larger variety of general goods – can be exhausting at both ends. A buyer needs to rummage through the multitude of ads online to find what seems like a good fit before organising an inspection. A seller needs to prepare an advertisement that will stand out, and put aside time to manage the online enquiries… and then more time to showcase the car in question to potential buyers. If you’re selling your car this way, the process can drag on for weeks, and sometimes even months. Creating and managing your listing online, responding to queries, presenting your car to potential buyers, negotiating a price, and then organising payment are all your responsibility.
Trading-in your car
Trading-in your used vehicle in will usually make for a more efficient process, as generally the trader will offer a price, and if you accept the offer, the deal is done. Although this method will make for a quicker sale, the offer will usually not attain as high a price as the online sales method. Dealers typically purchase cars at a wholesale price (then go on and resell them at retail price), but the nominal organisation and time commitment can attract sellers, even with the compromise of what will usually be a lower price offer.
The best way to sell
If you’re after efficiency and a good price, the DIYinspect app offers the best of both worlds. The easy-to-use app is the brainchild of Australia’s leading asset remarketer, Pickles, and it is designed to streamline the buying-and-selling process.
What are the benefits of using DIYinspect to sell your car?
There are a host of pluses when it comes to selling your car with DIYinspect.
- Because the process is so quick and easy, it can be done from the comfort of your own home.
- The app has a built-in camera assistant which helps with angle set up and the minimizing of shadows, to help you take the best photos and video.
- The cash offer you receive within 48 hours of lodging your sale is based on real-time data, so you can be confident in selling.
- There are no calls or emails to deal with beyond the simple lodgment process.
- You can lodge the sale with us at any time of day or night, and it will still only take a maximum of 48 hours for your cash offer.
- If you only get half-way through, you can pause the process and the data will be there where you left off.
- The inspection will only take 10 minutes and is all done online, so there is no face-to-face interaction.
- If you’re wanting to trade-in your car, DIYinspect is backed by Pickles, so you could sell through the app and then buy your new car from Pickles Auctions in one transaction. All cars purchased from Pickles come with a detailed condition report for your piece of mind.
- If you live within 30 kilometres of a DIYinspect drop-off point, a pick-up truck will even come and collect your car free of charge.
- DIYinspect has been used and reviewed by hundreds of happy customers across Australia.